Site Computer News
- February 2018
- Phil Fagan has generously
donated an MTX500 owned by his late brother, purchased when he
was serving his apprenticeship, c.1983. The machine came in it's
original box and polys, along with all of the original paperwork. It
is in pristine condition and is the best MTX500 that I have - thanks
a lot Phil !
- Exciting (not really "exciting", but
it is hopefully of interest) new MTX hardware interface coming soon
. . . .
- Paul Daniels has released an update to his MTX Development Tools
- Bill Brendling has released an updated version of his port of
MEMU for Raspberry Pi -
- Did a couple of repairs on another Memotech user's computers -
benefiting us both
- System 1 - With
a clock and sound problem, also upgraded the onboard RAM from 32
- System 2 - With
a keyboard sense chip problem
- Started a page for copies of the
Danish MTX User Club
magazine (courtesy of Lars Jørgensen)
- Memofest 2017 was hosted by Martin
Hastings on 14th October -
read the report here
Soilamaa is continuing to develop his ROM loader to allow unmodified MSX
games ROMs to run on the MTX
- It is still a work in progress, but, now runs on real MTX
hardware, as well as MEMU - check it out
- Martin Allcorn in hosting
Memofest 2017 on the
14th October in
- Courtesy of an eBay seller, I have uploaded a better quality
scan of "Memotechniques" from "Personal Computer News",
Issue 46, from January 28
1984 - see the
- I have just completed a quite interesting repair on the MTX500
given to me by Wolfgang Joerger. As well as the almost obligatory
VRAM fault, the machine had a failed TMS-4764 Mask ROM - direct
replacements for these devices are not available -
read how I resolved
the issue here.
- Although not Memotech related, David Kimberlin-Wyer has
contributed an article
on how to replace the internals of a failed PSU in a Tatung Einstein
TC-01 with an alternative open frame PSU.
- In a similar way to my "one-off"
CFX Special, David
provided details of how he modified one of Andy's memory boards
and his MAGROM board to allow both to be installed inside his MTX.
- Another distraction from MTXPlus+.
. . . . Martin and I have taken
Bills excellent work
with the Parallax Propeller and created an updated version of
CFX, oddly enough, called
CFX-II, which includes 80
column output to a VGA monitor.
- Posted some high quality scans of "missing" tape inlays (Courtesy
- Posted a schematic of the Video Wall
Frame Store AtoD/Controller board (Courtesy of Tony Brewer)
- I have just supplied a "one-off"
consisting of one of
cards joined to CFX
- The same method could be used to join
MAGROM and CFX is
someone wanted both internal
- A new firmware
version for MAGROM is now available with a range of "new" MTX512
- Posted an article
from Computers and Electronics Magazine that briefly discussed the
- Having had a few "notes of interest", I ordered another run
of MAGROM boards -
- The MAGROM boards have now arrived and although they are
working, they have a
- "Another year over. And a new one just begun."
- The distributor of the MTX
User's Club Germany has now put copies of the
MTX-Info magazine on line
- Posted a copy of the original CP/M
ROM from the FDX SM1 Interface board
- Another generous donation from a, or should I say an "ex", Memotech
owner from Germany!
- Wolfgang Joerger has just sent me a
64K "MTX500" with Twin
- It is in great condition and early indications are that it
is fully functional - more details soon
- Bill Brendling has reverse engineered the FDX CP/M 80 Column
card driver - full
- Status update for
- A slight distraction to other activities, but there has been
some renewed interest in MAGROM
. . . .
- If there is enough demand, I will get some more boards
made, if you are interested,
drop me an e-mail
See Earlier "News"